|“Preschool is a critical stepping stone to a successful transition into kindergarten. Promises provides students with a balanced approach which nurtures developmentally appropriate academic, social, and emotional growth. The staffs’ professional, yet approachable, mannerisms foster open communication, engagement, and parental involvement.”
– Elementary School Principal and Promises Preschool Parent
- Our classrooms encourage a child’s intellectual curiosity. Through group activities and play children will theorize, analyze, predict, and hypothesize. By keeping our child/teacher ratios low we are able to engage each child in activities appropriate for their developmental level.
- Literacy foundation blocks are developed by providing a language rich environment with many opportunities to write. Handwriting Without Tears is introduced in the pre-kindergarten classes.
- Math skills are developed by challenging children to explore ideas about patterns, order, predictability and logic. Specific skills worked on in the classroom include patterning, number sense, computation and estimation, geometric shapes and data gathering and comparisons.
- The Growing Up WILD curriculum used at Promises develops a child’s sense of wonder about nature and an appreciation for the world around them. This curriculum and God’s Garden, our outdoor learning center, allow for hands-on nature exploration at preschool.”
- Promises provides an environment where love and respect are shown for each child. We emphasize sharing and cooperation with one another, and encourage each child to play and work well with others as well as independently. Al’s Pals curriculum helps children learn how to get along with others, manage anger, use self-control and problem solve. The social skills learned at Promises will prepare your child for a successful elementary school experience.
At Promises, children learn about God’s love through songs, prayer before snack, and weekly Chapel time. Seeds of faith are planted within the hearts of children. We do not yet know what wonderful harvest they may bring.